THE HANDHELD DEVICE FOR CONTACTLESS DETECTION OF FLAMMABLE AND EXPLOSIVE LIQUIDS INSIDE SEALED CONTAINERS (BOTTLE SCREENING)
The device enables checking of the contents of various vessels such as plastic and glass bottles, cardboard packages and other nonmetallic containers. It provides detection of flammable and explosive liquids without violation of container sealing. It can be used by security and law-enforcement services at the airports, check-points, places of a mass congestion of people (stadiums, discos), etc. The device allows contactless distinguishing of such substances as gasoline, incendiary mixtures, acetone, nitroglycerine, various spirits, ethers and other dangerous liquids from water, nonalcoholic and alcoholic drinks (including strong), dairy products, etc.The latest version of software allows testing more than 800 different liquids, the parameters of which are used as a database to compare with the measured values.
The device does not require any adjustment or preparation. Its usage is very simple. It is necessary to bring the sensor of the device to a lateral surface of a vessel below a level of a liquid and to press the button. The green light of the indicator shows that a liquid inside a vessel is not flammable. The red signal and audible alarm indicate potential danger of contents.
The key specifications of the device are:
- Ability to distinguish water and water solutions from organic liquids through the glass and other materials with thickness up to 8 mm.
- Tolerance to air gap between the device and a wall of a vessel up to 3 mm.
- Powering by two AA size batteries of any type.
- Time required to make one inspection is less than 2 s.
- The weight of the device is 165 gram (with batteries). The dimensions are 210x70x25 mm.
- Time required to make one inspection — 0.5 s
- Minimum amount of liquid — 50 ml
- Container wall thickness — up to 0.8 cm
- Allowed wall materials — any non-metallic (glass, plastic,paper, ceramics, etc.)
- Indication — Light and sound
- Weight — 170 g
- Dimensions — 207x70x30 mm
- Power supply — 2 AA-type batteries
- Library of tested liquids — more than 800 liquids
- Average battery life — 100 hrs